The system is designed to be mounted on ATVs and other vehicles. It takes samples at 20 cm and 40 cm deep and subsamples semi-automatically.
The system is designed to be mounted on ATVs from 350 to 500 cc, but it can easily be adapted to other vehicles .The actuator key-pad and sample container are within fingertip reach to avoid having to descend from the vehicle during sample collection. The VSoil software can be used with a palm-top computer (not included) to generate sampling grids and sampling points monitoring within the field.
• Sampler tube
• Tip diameter: 25 mm.
• Tip speed: 120 RPM maximum.
• Sampling depth: 20-40 cm.
• Sampling container capacity: 1 Kg.
• Amount extracted per drilling: approx. 80 grams.*
• Drilling time: 40 seconds.
* Sample weight depends directly on soil condition and type.
• Hydraulic pump: 2.6 cc (7.5 LPM @ 3000 RPM).
• Hydraulic oil tank: 13.5 liters (at half level).
• Manually adjustable valves for rotation and lowering speeds.
• GX 160 Honda engine.
• Continuous power: 3.4 HP @ 3000 RPM.
• Fuel tank: 3.1 liters.
• Consumption: 1.4 litres/hour.
• Oil: 0.6 litres.
• 12- volt battery connection.
• Manual control with key-pad, automatic detention at 20 cm or 40 cm.
• Tip with reverse rotation for easy removal.
A 3 to 4 HP motor provides the power to drive a hydraulic pump. A solenoid valve controlled with the push-buttons derives the pump both to a hydraulic motor which drives the borehole and to a second motor which drives the lifting and lowering system of the borehole, hence all movements are powered from the push-buttons. The above described set is mounted on a chassis for easy installation on the vehicle.